People and Culture Coordinator
Position: People and Culture Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Operations and Finance
Location: Remote, US based preferred
Salary: $67,000 - $75000, non-exempt
Who We Are
Narrative Initiative weaves the power of narrative with other social justice strategies to achieve long term equity. We maximize opportunities to nourish and grow narrative power, equip narrative changemakers, and bond communities to pursue long-term progress for social justice. We engage the trees to serve the forest, working with community leaders who are committed to meeting the moment with an eye towards a bigger vision for durable social and racial justice created by bonding our communities and linking our fates.
We believe people have the right to shape the narratives that impact our lives. We believe that serving the collective good and transforming exclusionary narratives requires authentic listening, two-way communications, and respect for many voices, perspectives and experiences. We believe in building collective strength by sharing resources, knowledge, and power. We believe that narrative, when combined with organizing and action, will shift political, cultural, and economic power relations to improve our lives and help our communities thrive.
Working closely with the Director of Operations and Finance, the People & Culture coordinator will manage our hiring processes from search to onboarding and help develop and execute on our internal culture development goals.
What You Do
- Manage recruiting, hiring and onboarding by working with the leadership team to identify those needs and executing on them. Your day to day will include:
- Updating and maintaining internal hiring documents.
- Manage sourcing partnerships for assigned roles.
- Add and update job postings on all sourcing sites.
- Manage and execute on hiring logistics for assigned roles to ensure timely start date.
- Schedule candidate interviews.
- Send timely communication to candidates and new hires.
- Set up interview and interviewer logistics.
- Edit and keep active job postings, rubrics, and templates up-to-date.
- Give status updates to Hiring Lead for each assigned role.
- Execute on pre-onboarding steps to ensure potential candidates are hired (like contracts signed, necessary documents sent, etc.).
- Support the onboarding process through scheduling and internal communication
- Manage our culture development by supporting key culture moments including all team meetings, team skills building and retreats from vision to execution. Your day to day will include:
- Support the development and scheduling of a learning and development program to build employee capabilities in specific competencies.
- Preparation of People and Culture metrics and, in collaboration with the Director of Operations and Finance, provide analysis and reporting of those metrics.
- Support culture and workplace activities, such as internal communications, staff engagement surveys, and our All-Staff retreats and cultural initiatives by sending communications, scheduling and preparing materials.
- Create and send surveys to identify needs and gather feedback.
Who You Are
- You have some experience in HR or people & culture and have the ability to balance compassion for individuals with hard decisions that center organizational values.
- You bring project management skills with the ability to manage short term deliverables concurrent with longer-term strategic milestones.
- Your go to is to seek input and build collaborative processes by incorporating opinions and feedback.
- You know there is more than one way to get it done and can present alternatives to achieve goals but
you are comfortable holding the line on policy and processes when needed.
- You are self-motivated, organized and detail oriented.
- You know when to ask for help when needed.
The above statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Job incumbents may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this description.
Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
Narrative Initiative is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees anpartners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political aliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, New Venture Fund requires that any employee who is required to conduct in-person activities for their job must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within four weeks of their start date. This position may require candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at HR@newventurefund.org.