Network Program Manager - Peer Practice Lead
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
Position: Network Program Manager - Peer Practice Lead
Reports to: Program Director, Network
Location: Remote, US based preferred
Salary: $85,000 - $95,000, exempt
Deadline: Apply by April 18, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Who We Are
Narrative Initiative weaves the power of narrative with other social justice strategies to achieve long term equity. We maximize opportunities to nourish and grow narrative power, equip narrative changemakers, and bond communities to pursue long-term progress for social justice. We engage the trees to serve the forest, working with community leaders who are committed to meeting the moment with an eye towards a bigger vision for durable social and racial justice created by bonding our communities and linking our fates.
We believe people have the right to shape the narratives that impact our lives. We believe that serving the collective good and transforming exclusionary narratives requires authentic listening, two-way communications, and respect for many voices, perspectives and experiences. We believe in building collective strength by sharing resources, knowledge, and power. We believe that narrative, when combined with organizing and action, will shift political, cultural, and economic power relations to improve our lives and help our communities thrive.
The Network program team at Narrative Initiative executes on near-term narrative change work, and creates the conditions for medium and long-term narrative alignment. Working in collaboration with the Network team and other program teams including Content and Systems to achieve our mission, the Network Program Manager - Peer Practice Lead provides specialized skills and experience in developing narrative change practices that help the broader field define intentions and move to action while building collaborative relationships between a broad network of narrative practitioners.
What You Do
- Provide praxis support for our engagements and network by bringing in and developing narrative practice tools, methodologies and frameworks.
- Act as a liaison from the Network team to the Content Director on the work of identifying content needs and opportunities for narrative change practice support.
- Provide specialized peer support to narrative change practitioners both in 1:1 and in group settings.
- Identify, document, and develop narrative change practices to support both the work of Narrative Initiative and the broader field of narrative change practice.
- Act as a visible beacon for and advocate of narrative practice.
- Bridge and translate across fields and disciplines including strategic communications, movement practice, and grassroots organizing.
- Provide project management in the day-to-day to deliver on-time deliverables and results, often in collaboration with external partners.
- Collaborate internally on programs through program design, planning, execution, and evaluation. Set shared goals and build shared accountability. Manage alignment of new and existing networks in this emerging field, finding ways to ensure stakeholders in narrative change work are building off each other’s work, learning together and from each other, and leveraging existing resources to share maximum impact.
Who You Are
- This position is great for someone who has some experience as a narrative change practitioner and in building communities of practice.
- Knows some narrative change frameworks, tools, and methodologies, and is hungry to Iearn more. You like to learn what works and what doesn’t continuously, in order to constantly iterate and improve.
- Be a natural collaborator externally, and skillfully identifying shared interests and values as well as strengths and goals in order to build and maintain alignment.
- Think in systems and have a high level of comfort with both complexity and long term thinking.
- You want the whole progressive field to win, not just our partners.
The above statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Job incumbents may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this description.
Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
Narrative Initiative is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, New Venture Fund requires that any employee who is required to conduct in-person activities for their job must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within four weeks of their start date. This position may require candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at HR@newventurefund.org.