Network Program Manager - Landscape and Assessment Lead
APPLICATIONS ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED FOR THIS POSITION
Position: Network Program Manager - Landscape and Assessment Lead
Reports to: Program Director, Network
Location: Remote, US based preferred
Salary: $85,000 - $95,000, exempt
Deadline: Apply by April 18, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The Network program team at Narrative Initiative executes on near-term narrative change work and create the conditions for medium and long-term narrative alignment. Working in collaboration with the Network team to achieve our mission, this position will design, execute and deliver research projects for maximum applied impact.
What You Do
- Act as lead on research projects for internal and external partners including narrative landscape research, narrative capacity assessments and narrative integrity assessments.
- Develop and oversee research design, data management, documenting methodology and participate in internal sensemaking meetings, and research presentations.
- Provide analysis, synthesis and actionable findings from our research projects. You will
think beyond the numbers to deliver insightful and actionable findings and recommendations that concisely and directly address narrative needs and opportunities; pulling in broader trends and tactics.
- Manage collaborative research efforts with research partners.
- Develop additional Landscape + Assessment products in concert with the Program Director, Network.
- Help to build approaches for scaling impact of our assessment and landscaping programmatic work.
- Bridge and translate across fields and disciplines including strategic communications, movement practice, and grassroots organizing.
- Provide project management in the day-to-day to deliver on-time deliverables and results, often in collaboration with external partners.
- Collaborate internally on programs through program design, planning, execution, and evaluation. Set shared goals and build shared accountability.
- Support project teams to deliver high-quality insights by contributing to their research process including: questionnaire design, data analysis and overall reporting.
- Manage alignment of new and existing networks in this emerging field, finding ways to ensure stakeholders in narrative change work are building off each other’s work, learning together and from each other, and leveraging existing resources to share maximum impact.
Who You Are
- You might have previous experience at an intermediary organization serving multiple nonprofits or have worked at an agency. You might be an academic and an activist, and want more praxis. You definitely have at least some experience in strategic communications and, ideally, some experience in grassroots organizing too. You might have a background in design thinking.
- Be a natural collaborator externally, skillful at identifying shared interests and values as well as separate strengths and goals in order to build and maintain alignment.
- You can handle a dynamic and changing workload, effectively prioritizing inbound requests, delegating effectively and proactively thinking through ways in which our approach can be most impactful to our partners and the narrative change field at large.
- You have the ability to produce high-quality deliverables on time and within budget.
- You bring a willingness to respect and learn from colleagues with varying backgrounds and skill sets; ability to work effectively with colleagues across the organization with varying degrees of experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to ability to engage and
inspire others to achieve shared goals.
- Think in systems and have a high level of comfort with both complexity and long term
- You want the whole progressive field to win, not just our partner.
The above statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Job incumbents may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this description.
Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
Narrative Initiative is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, New Venture Fund requires that any employee who is required to conduct in-person activities for their job must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within four weeks of their start date. This position may require candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at HR@newventurefund.org.